You will have experience of taking projects from pre-construction through delivery to handover and you will be responsible for managing all the MEP aspects of projects.
Experience of working with a main contractor on fit out and refurbishment projects in the £500k - £2m range is essential.
The role involves working with the preferred supply chain and you will have circa 3 projects on at any one time. You will join a leading Main contractor who deliver projects across Fit out, Education, Residential, Public Sector and FM sectors.
The opportunity is to be part of a growing team and can offer longevity of work for the right person and flexibility of working from home.
Assist the Bid Team to manage the production of the Contractors Proposals, ensuring they are complete, unambiguous, have been reviewed by the bid team, and have been updated to include all post tender negotiations.
- Produce and negotiate the project specific services designer agreements (using the Company standard format except where novation agreements exist) scope of works and the design management plan ensuring they are agreed and fully understood by all parties.
- Produce agree and manage, with all relevant parties, a realistic services design programme and information required schedule to satisfy design, procurement and construction requirements.
- Assist the Principal Services Manager to manage in conjunction with the Bid Centre Manager the selection of services contractors suitable to tender and carry out the work
- Input into the contract review as required.
- Manage the services issues on site with the assistance of other site based resource by implementing the management procedures to ensure the timely production of information is issued, within budget, fully coordinated and buildable.
- Ensure the services design has been reviewed on all projects with respect to mitigating Health and Safety issues prior to construction and ensure that hazards are noted on all drawings at each stage of their production.
- Ensure all project teams are fully aware of their roles and responsibilities with respect to services management.
- Ensure the project team are working to the agreed Contractors Documents
- Provide guidance to the project team on services related issues
- Liaise with the Principal Building Services Manager to coordinate resource requirements.
- Liaise with the Principal Services Manager reporting on project performance and staff pastoral issues.
- Review or participate in PDP's for all staff for which the Senior Building Services Manager has functional responsibility.
- Assist the Principal Building Services Manager in the implementation of Continuous Improvement programmes and innovation.
- Maintain close relationships with the Customer and design organisations.
- Advanced knowledge in contracts and contract documentation
- Advanced knowledge in construction material
- Advanced knowledge in environmental legislation and issues
- Advanced knowledge in health and safety
- Good knowledge in life cycle cost
- Proven ability in design
- Good skills in planning techniques
- Good use of management systems
- Good temporary work skills
- Good negotiation skills
- Advanced procurement skills
- Good risk management skills
- Good skills in value creation