Main Contractor - Fitout & Refurbishment
Permanent - Salary TBA
My client is a respected medium-sized fitout & refurbishment contractor based in London.
They are looking to expand their existing team with a permanent Design Manager
- Design Manager to be responsible for Design & Technical Management for all of the clients projects. This will range from the management and coordination of the design carried out by consultants and sub-contractors to project inception, through to the tender stage and project completion. You will also be responsible for liaising with authorities to seek project dependent, landlord and statutory agreements.
- Duties will include aiding in the tender process - to put together a quality, innovative proposal from a design management point.
- Taking responsibility for the technical aspects of the tender submission and making sure that the tender bid is compliant with the tender documents and that the technical submission is of the highest quality ensuring that it achieves the highest standard in process.
- Engaging with the Design team early during the tender process to gauge a better understanding & building relationship to establish a winning strategy.
- Engaging with specialist sub-contractors during the tender process to seek advice, best value and establish a winning strategy.
- Post tender duties include;
- Undertaking a Design Audit at project commencement to establish key issues, priorities, benchmarking, mock-ups, scope gaps, RFIs and buildability.
- Establishing and implementing the agreed design strategy on projects and all design management procedures.
- Establishing and maintaining effective communication between the Project Teams, Client's Team, Design Consultants, Statutory Bodies and sub-contractors.
- Developing and monitoring design programs and information release schedule to meet targets, producing and completing a Milestone Programme to the agreed timescale and producing and distributing monthly Design Progress reports to the design team.
- Reviewing the scope of services from architects and consultants, agree the design scope for sub-contractors and the preparation of a Design Responsibility Matrix in the event of a D&B project.
- Controlling and reviewing design documents such as drawings for approval and distribution maintaining an accurate Document Register working with the project document controller.
- Chairing design meetings, workshops as required, to coordinate the consultants and sub-contractors design portions to meet target dates, affordability, Statutory and Employers Requirements.
- Providing ongoing support and liaison to other Project Team members in procuring sub-contractors and materials.
- Providing a single point of reference for design related queries within the business
- You should have a proven track record of experience in a similar role - ideally in the fitout market.
- The business highly values their team and as well as ability and experience in the role itself personality, values, work ethic etc are key
- Salaries are + a package which includes; Annual Travel pass, 29 Days Holiday, BUPA Health & Dental Care & Aviva Pension
- You should also be able to provide verifiable work references in support of your application
For further information or to apply please contact Katie on 074764 73992