Are you a Parking Design Engineer looking for a new opportunity within the Highways sector?
Then you need to keep reading as this might be the right fit for you!!
We are recruiting for a leading construction consultancy looking to add a Parking Design Engineer to their team!
Purpose of the Role-
Working within the Traffic & Travel Team, you will provide technical support in the effective and efficient promotion and design of schemes, investigations and analysis as required within budgets and programmes.
You will be the go-to technical representative of the service for a portfolio of allocated projects, providing initial cost estimates, work scheduling, assessment, compliance including health and safety and final completion in line with the contract, policy and standing orders. You will also be responsible for effective customer and stakeholder engagement and awareness, providing customer service excellence at all times.
A Few Key Responsibilities of the Role-
- Developing briefs, feasibility studies and undertaking design and implementation of schemes, projects and programmes for small and medium sized projects as allocated, including drawing using specialist IT Software.
- Assisting with the design and supervision of projects, preparation of estimates, working drawings and Contract documents for projects of varying complexity, dependent on the post holder's grading.
- Assisting in obtaining the necessary technical, administrative and financial approvals and in the preparation, supervision and administration of associated consultants' commissions or contracts.
- To lead on projects as allocated.
- Assisting with or carrying out condition surveys and site surveys as directed and the preparation of reports on findings.
- The assessment of a variety of existing and proposed highway layouts, including town centre schemes, traffic signals, road safety schemes, route studies, cycle, bus or School initiative schemes.
- Assisting in preparing scheme plans to requisite design levels, ensuring they conform to technical and industry standards.
- Assisting in design and public consultations to requisite standards, produce detailed drawings to technical standards, prepare accurate complex cost estimates and contract documentation.
Essential Experience of the Role-
- Relevant professional work experience in Civil Engineering, Building Services Engineering, Transportation or equivalent.
- BTEC Level 3 Diploma in Civil Engineering, Building Services Engineering, Transportation or equivalent.
- General knowledge of traffic and transport policies and associated working knowledge of legislation.
- Demonstrable experience in programming, supervision and monitoring of a number of projects simultaneously from inception to completion.
- Exceptional customer care skills.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Good budgetary management skills.
- Good working knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite including Word and Excel.
- Full driving licence or the ability to travel around the borough on a daily basis.
Desirable Experience for the Role-
- Management of complex engineering projects.
- Member of an appropriate institution (IHT, IHIE, ICE etc.).
What's in it for you -
- A competitive basic salary
- 23 days holiday (rising to 27) with the opportunity to buy extra leave
- The opportunity to take a paid day out of the office, volunteering for our charity partners or a cause of your choice
- Company matched pension, life assurance, a cycle2work scheme, 15 weeks' fully paid maternity, adoption and shared parental leave…and plenty more
- Voluntary benefits designed to suit your lifestyle - from discounts on retail and socialising, to health & wellbeing, travel and technology
- Access to our Employee Network Groups, which represent every strand of diversity and allow colleagues to connect and learn from each other on an open, inclusive platform
Job Title - Parking Design Engineer
Area/Location - Barnet, Greater London
Type of Job - Permanent
Start Date - As Soon As Possible
Salary -£40 000
If you like what you have read so far
- you feel this Company matches what you are looking for in a new career venture
- would like a more detailed Job Description or would like to discuss the opportunity on the Parking Design Engineering role further
please click Apply on this advert and ring Cass on
5192 or email
mcgconstrcution.co.uk to proceed in applying.