My Client is looking to add a Senior Bridge Engineer to their team based in Carlisle
Job Title - Senior Bridge Engineer
Location - Carlisle
Salary - £38000 -45000
An excellent opportunity for an experienced Senior Bridge Engineer to join as established Structures team based in Carlisle, Cumbria, working across a varied range of regional and UK projects.
What you'll be doing:
- The Senior Bridge Engineer will undertake feasibility studies including preparing reports, cost estimates, investigating problems and identifying options.
- Taking a leading role in the design, inspection or assessment of major civil engineering structures and bridges.
- Designing projects in accordance with the Design Manual for Roads and Bridgeworks and Manual of Contract Documents for Highway Works.
- Preparing schemes for tender typically using the NEC3/4 Forms of Contract.
What we're looking for:
- A Bachelors or Masters Degree in Civil Engineering or a related subject accredited by the Engineering Council. Ideally you will already be or fast approaching Chartered Member status of the Institution of Civil Engineers (CEng MICE) or Institution of Structural Engineers (CEng IStructE).
- A minimum of 5 years post qualification experience in the design of all aspects of highways and civil engineering design and construction.
- An extensive knowledge and understanding of the relevant legislation, standards and procedures. A working knowledge of standard highway and civil engineering specifications, conditions of contract and methods of measurement.
What's in it for you?
- A competitive basic salary.
- 23 days' holiday (rising to 27) with the opportunity to buy extra leave.
- The opportunity to take a paid day out of the office, volunteering for our charity partners or a cause of your choice.
- Company matched pension, life assurance, a cycle2work scheme, 15 weeks' fully paid maternity, adoption and shared parental leave, paternity pay of two weeks and plenty more.
- Voluntary benefits designed to suit your lifestyle from discounts on retail and socialising, to health & wellbeing, travel and technology.
- Access to our Employee Network Groups, which represent every strand of diversity and allow colleagues to connect and learn from each other on an open, inclusive platform.
If you like what you have read so far
- you feel this Company matches what you are looking for in a new career venture
- would like a more detailed Job Description or would like to discuss the opportunity on the Senior Bridge Engineer role further
please click Apply on this advert and ring Cass on
5192 or email
mcgconstruction.co.uk to proceed in applying.