Senior Highways Engineer
Location - Carlisle
Salary - £40000-45000
An excellent opportunity for a Senior Highways Engineer to join our Infrastructure's team in Carlisle.
A Senior Highways Engineer is an important operational and career development position in our organization with key responsibilities to contribute to the development and implementation of projects and programmes of work whilst undertaking a range of technical aspects required for project delivery including feasibility, concept design including buildability and value engineering, detailed design, preparation of tender and contract documentation, invitation of tenders and supervision of construction works on site as part of a team.
What you'll be doing:
- The Senior Highways Engineer will be responsible for arranging the procurement of highway improvement works through competitive tendering.
- Preparing schemes for tender using the NEC3 family of Forms of Contract, Manual of Contract Documents for Highway Works including use of Specification for Highway Works and the Standard Method of Measurement.
- Undertaking feasibility studies including preparing reports, cost estimates, investigating problems, and identifying of options.
- Supervising and monitoring works on site, making valuations for payment assessments, chairing and managing progress meetings.
What we're looking for:
- A Bachelors or master's degree in Civil Engineering or a related subject accredited by the Engineering Council OR you will already be or fast approaching Chartered Member status of the Institution of Civil Engineers (CEng MICE).
- Extensive post qualification experience in the design, implementation and supervision of all aspects of highways and civil engineering design and construction.
- Design experience and Civils' 3D capability.
- Working knowledge of the relevant legislation and guidelines including the Design Manual for Roads and Bridges, British and European Standards, Eurocodes, and Codes of Practice.
What's in it for you?
- A competitive basic salary
- 23 days' holiday (rising to 27) with the opportunity to buy extra leave.
- The opportunity to take a paid day out of the office, volunteering for our charity partners or a cause of your choice.
- Company matched pension, life assurance, a cycle2work scheme, 15 weeks' fully paid maternity, adoption and shared parental leave, paternity pay of two weeks and plenty more.
- Voluntary benefits designed to suit your lifestyle - from discounts on retail and socialising, to health & wellbeing, travel and technology.
- Access to our Employee Network Groups, which represent every strand of diversity and allow colleagues to connect and learn from each other on an open, inclusive platform.
If you like what you have read so far
- you feel this Company matches what you are looking for in a new career venture
- would like a more detailed Job Description or would like to discuss the Senior Highways Engineer role further
please click Apply on this advert and ring Cass on
5192 or email
mcgconstruction.co.uk to proceed in applying.