Are you a Technical Supervisor looking for a new opportunity within the Highways sector?
Then you need to keep reading as this might be the right fit for you!!
We are recruiting for a leading construction consultancy looking to add a Technical Supervisor to their team!
Purpose of the Role-
The Technical Supervisor will work within the Asset Management Team; this role is part of the Construction Team and covers the inspection and monitoring of all smaller scale building works across the Borough which carry the risk of causing damage to the public highway defined as the Damage to Highways service. The post holder will be responsible for planning and programming inspections from the regularly run Building Control notifications of intention to commence works as well as sites proactively identified or referred from other Officers.
You will be the go-to technical representative of the service for a programme of inspections on damage to the highways. You will be responsible for effective customer and stakeholder engagement and awareness, providing customer service excellence at all times.
Key Responsibilities of the Role for a Technical supervisor-
- To prepare, coordinate and carry out a programme of initial, interim and final inspections of all smaller scale building works across the Borough that have potential to damage the public highway.
- To prepare a full report following each inspection including any pre-existing damage to the network, the status of the works, any plant, equipment and materials that are on site and suitable photographic evidence.
- Where damage has been found to have occurred during the duration of the works, assess any required repairs and prepare an estimate of costs to remediate the damage.
- Support the delivery of enforcement action including providing advice and guidance; issuing formal letters; serving Notices; carrying out of default action; recovery of costs for carrying out default works from the third party; support issuing of fixed penalty notices or prosecution.
- Undertake the coordination and production of witness statements, evidence file production, liaison with other enforcement agencies and attendance at court as required.
- To liaise and deal courteously and in line with policy with all enquiries from elected Members, members of the public, and stakeholders to deliver service excellence, including the preparation of high quality, factual, letters, technical reports and other documents as required.
- To deliver, at all times, a professional technical service aligned to "the Way We Work" contributing to Re and the Council's wider objectives, responding to customer's needs and the principles of continuous improvement.
Essential Experience of the Role-
- Relevant professional work experience in Civil Engineering, Building Services Engineering, Transportation or equivalent.
- New Road and Street Works Act (NRSWA) qualification or equivalent
- General knowledge of highways and transport policies and associated working knowledge of legislation
- Experience of surveying and project cost calculation
- Excellent customer care skills
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Experience of working with consultants and/or contractors
- Good working knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite including Word and Excel
- Full driving licence or the ability to travel around the borough on a daily basis
Desirable Experience for the Role-
- Experience of project management methodology e.g. Prince 2
- Experience of mobile asset management IT equipment e.g. hand held units
- Experience of stakeholder diplomacy, negotiation, and conflict resolution
What's in it for you -
- A competitive basic salary
- 23 days holiday (rising to 27) with the opportunity to buy extra leave
- The opportunity to take a paid day out of the office, volunteering for our charity partners or a cause of your choice
- Company matched pension, life assurance, a cycle2work scheme, 15 weeks' fully paid maternity, adoption and shared parental leave & plenty more...
- Voluntary benefits designed to suit your lifestyle - from discounts on retail and socialising, to health & well being, travel and technology
- Access to our Employee Network Groups, which represent every strand of diversity and allow colleagues to connect and learn from each other on an open, inclusive platform
Job Title - Technical Supervisor
Area/Location - Barnet, Greater London
Type of Job - Permanent
Start Date - As Soon As Possible
Salary - £42 000
If you like what you have read so far
- you feel this Company matches what you are looking for in a new career venture
- would like a more detailed Job Description or would like to discuss the opportunity on the Technical Supervisor role further
please click Apply
for direct contact to recruiter please see information below