We are currently recruiting for an exciting contract win and looking for Street Lighting Operatives to work for a reputable contractor that is part of global business to deliver LED Street lighting installations across parts of Oxfordshire.
You will be based at the local depot in Kidlington and have similar previous experience.
Job Title: Streetlighting operative
Pay: 30k - 35k
- To always work safely, to ensure your teams safety and the safety of the general public by engaging in Health and safety actively and by encouraging your team members to always think safety first in everything you do.
- To carry out installation duties to convert existing lighting to new LED lanterns.
- To carry out visual survey works to all columns, brackets or other minor structures and record results via electronic means to ensure suitable for new lantern to be fitted.
- To set out TM to (traffic and pedestrian) conform to legislation and best practise as required and remove after works completed.
- To meet or exceed set daily outputs.
- To ensure that all works undertaken by all persons in your team are recorded accurately with detailed daily reporting and submitted within the required timescales.
- To work with 3rd party companies as directed to ensure the works are delivered on time and in budget.
- Install quality works to ensure zero return visits caused by poor workmanship.
- Understand programme of on-site works to ensure road permitting notices are adhered to with zero permit overruns.
- Assist with forward planning in conjunction with the supervisor(s) to ensure blockers to programme/permits are overcome or minimised.
- Attend and participate in inclusive pre-start daily briefings.
- Support the Project Manager/Contracts Manager and the other department supervisors in the execution of their duties.
The person (Desirables)
- Must have experience in a similar Highways role and experience of LV electrics is desirable.
- Must have a valid HEA competence card as an Operative.
- Will be able to complete paperwork and other documentation as required, and preferably IT proficient.
- Must be able to plan and be a forward thinker.
- A willingness to participate in an out-of-hour's emergency service on a rota basis.
- A current clean full driving licence.
- Able to demonstrate a good knowledge of and commitment to Health & Safety.