Are you a Business Development Co-Ordinator looking for a new opportunity within the Facilities Management Industry?
Then you need to keep reading as this might be the right fit for you!!
We are recruiting for a leading Facilities Management Contractor looking to add a Business Development Co-Ordinator to their team!
Job Title - Business Development Co-Ordinator
Area/Location - Reigate, Surrey
Type of Job - Permanent
Start Date - As Soon As Possible
Salary -£30000 to £36000
Purpose of the Role-
- The Business Development Co-Ordinator will provide functional support for all aspects of business development within Infrastructure.
- To work with the Lead Business Development Manager (LBDM) to enhance our collective knowledge and understanding of potential opportunities within the infrastructure market, to enable the business to focus on those that are likely to provide the most beneficial outcomes in terms of likelihood of success and ultimate reward balanced against risk.
- To provide a source of knowledge, advice and support to the Pre Delivery Team to enable completion of compelling pre-qualification and tender submissions for our Customers.
- To ensure compliance with our internal governance process.
- To lead by example, displaying a professional, open and collaborative attitude, with a focus on development of skills and learning through continuous feedback. Promote understanding and awareness of the challenges faced by our customers in procuring new infrastructure through research and questioning.
A Few Key Responsibilities of the Role-
- To identify potential key opportunities and undertake in-depth research of these projects (or frameworks) to enable the LBDM to better understand the opportunity and prepare an outline business case highlighting the key issues such as overall value, timescales, customer, funding envelope, procurement route, risks & opportunities etc to enable completion of a Gateway 1 paper with recommendations to the Infrastructure board on whether to pursue.
- To administer our future business pipeline through the CRM/Salesforce & IGO systems for the Infrastructure Business, keeping customer records and enquiries up to date, including day to day pre-bid administration.
- To collate the information needed to submit social value information to TOMS, including collating case studies for future potential bids and keeping the rolling monthly social value spreadsheet for Infrastructure up to date.
- To monitor all the OJEU and opportunity tracker systems and databases, looking for relevant potential opportunities including PIN notices and Industry events
- Capturing and providing data to the business on our business development performance so that lessons are learnt and best practice can be identified, shared and embedded into our processes.
- Providing business development documentation that is consistent with our Brand and Customer needs, ensuring engagement with stakeholders as required.
- Promoting and complying with the company's commitment to Health, Safety, Well-being and the Environment
- Supporting the Pre Delivery team in capturing data to monitor the quality and success of our prequalification and tender submissions.
- Understanding and promoting the company's values
- Embracing technology to create efficiency in methods of capturing and sharing information in an efficient and engaging manner.
- Maintaining excellent organisation, communication and team working skills.
- Understanding of the company's Corporate policies and procedures.
- Compliance with the company's Governance and Gateway requirements at Pre Delivery stages (Gateways 1 to 6)
Essential Experience of the Role-
- Effective communication skills with the ability to precisely and accurately inform both verbally and in writing
- Ability to work to tight deadlines, to recognize and manage priorities and run concurrent projects
- High levels of personal energy and comfortable operating in a complex, fast paced environment
- Innovative and passionate to improve
- Tenacity and persistence to resolve issues
- Confidence to challenge and ensure clear understanding of the remit and the required response
- Familiarity with document management systems and control procedures
- Capacity to develop and maintain relationships with internal teams, suppliers, and our Customers
- Understanding of OJEU process and Tracker systems.
- Identification of opportunities for innovation and continuous improvement
- Ability to communicate with, support and influence Pre Delivery teams to ensure that potential opportunities are clearly articulated
- An awareness of collaborative behaviors and communications styles for a range of audiences
- The Business Development Co-Ordinator will have a desire to learn and improve
- IT competent (MS Office, iGO, CRM systems)
- Understanding of Customer Relationship Management tools such as Salesforce
- Ability to undertake extensive internet research into potential infrastructure projects
- Ability to produce clear, accurate and concise reports that effectively communicate the identified opportunity
- Strong resilience and flexibility
- Some experience of identifying and managing customer relationship models would be advantageous
- Likely to have worked in a civil engineering, design or construction business
- Evidence of building effective relationships with a diverse range of team members.