Are you a Development Management Engineer looking for a new opportunity within the Highways sector?
Then you need to keep reading as this might be the right fit for you!!
We are recruiting for a leading construction consultancy looking to add a Development Management Engineer to their team!
Job Title - Development Management Engineer
Area/Location - Barnet
Type of Job - Permanent
Start Date - As Soon As Possible
Purpose of the Role-
Becoming a Development Management Engineer with Barnet Highways will give you the opportunity to carry out all relevant duties and responsibilities in the work of the Highways Development Control Team on behalf of the wider Highways Service to ensure the delivery of cost effective and quality services in accordance with Regional Enterprise (Re's) vision and values so as to enhance the quality of life and physical environment of Barnet and contribute to the prosperity of the borough. Post holder will also provide technical support in the effective and efficient promotion, design and execution of projects, schemes, investigations and analysis as required within budgets and programmes.
A Few Key Responsibilities of the Role-
- Processing of planning application consultations and carrying out transportation assessments for control of development within set time limits, including the assessment of geometric layouts of new developments.
- Processing of highway applications associated with highway development control process including dealing with S184, S38, S278 applications under the Highways Act 1980
- Processing of Stopping Up applications, Highway Licences, Projection Licences under the Highways Act 1980 and Town and Country Planning Act 1990.
- Undertake engineering assessments of planning applications and provide the relevant information in report form the Traffic and Development Manager, Development Control and Senior Officers of the Planning Service and make suitable recommendations
- Technical approval Highway submissions to ensure conformity with the current regulations, standards and specifications
- Liaise with the Legal Services regarding planning and highways issues under S106, S38, S278 Agreements and other Licences and Orders in connection with highways development control process.
- Preparing cost estimates for highway works associated with development control process.
- Attend meetings, technical groups and stakeholder forums as required and represent the Highway Authority in meetings with developers and other public sector officers.
- Provide written professional evidence to support the Highway Authority at Planning Appeals and to attend Informal Planning Hearings as required.
- Provide professional advice and assistance to developers in helping to develop sustainable travel policies through the development control process.
- Provide professional advice to developers on highway design and construction issues
- Undertake all administrative tasks relevant to the cost including dealing with enquires from applicants and their advisors and the general public.
- Create and maintain a database of planning applications received by the Development Control Team.
- Carry out duties with due regard to the Re's Customer Care, Equal Opportunities, Information Governance, Data Protection and Health and Safety policies and procedures.
- Undertake any other duties commensurate with the general level of responsibility of this post
Essential Experience of the Role-
- Must be able to demonstrate suitable experience in traffic / highway engineering / transport and development planning
- General knowledge of planning, development and transport policies and associated legislation
- Demonstrate the ability to programme, supervise and monitor a number of projects / applications simultaneously from inception to completion
- Good written and verbal communication skills
- Good IT skills
- Good time /budgetary management skills
- Working knowledge of basic legislation
- Confident self-motivating and innovative
- Able to work without close supervision
- Experience of working with consultants/Contractors
- ONC/HNC or Degree in Civil Engineering / Transportation
- Membership of an appropriate highway institution (IHT, IHIE, ICE etc.)
- Valid driving licence
- Own means of transport
- Occasional out of normal hours working
What's in it for you?
- A competitive basic salary
- 23 days holiday (rising to 25 after 2 years service and 27 after 5 years) with the opportunity to buy extra leave
- Company matched pension, life assurance, a cycle2work scheme, 15 weeks' fully paid maternity, adoption and shared parental leave…and plenty more
- Voluntary benefits designed to suit your lifestyle - from discounts on retail and socialising, to health & wellbeing, travel and technology
If you like what you have read so far
- you feel this Company matches what you are looking for in a new career venture
- would like a more detailed Job Description or would like to discuss the opportunity on the Development Management Engineer role further
please click Apply on this advert and ring Cass on
5192 or email Cassidee@
Mcgconstruction.co.uk to proceed in applying.