Are you a Mechanical Engineer looking for a new opportunity within the Highways sector?
Then you need to keep reading as this might be the right fit for you!!
We are recruiting for a leading Water Technology Company looking to add a Mechanical Engineer to their team
Job Title - Mechanical Engineer
Area/Location - Birmingham
Type of Job - Permanent
Start Date - As Soon As Possible
Salary - £45000
The mechanical engineer works within a project team to deliver a technology based project within the municipal and industrial water sector. The mechanical engineer is responsible for undertaking all mechanical engineering activity within the project.
- Have responsibility for the mechanical design within a project or tender.
- Manage work-load to achieve the design deliverables required of the project / tender.
- Liaise with client design engineers to ensure compliance and to integrate the plant design.
- Liaise with internal design engineers to integrate the mechanical elements into the overall plant design.
- Contribute to the HAZOP process.
- Attend client or supplier meetings, both in and out of office locations.
- Generate requirements for equipment or service to be purchased and define the key requirements by means of equipment specification
- Evaluate quotations and develop to a point of technical compliance
- Review supply-chain design documentation and integrate into the wider plant design
- Develop design schedules to accurately define equipment requirements.
- Communicate and retain close-liaison with site managers and commissioning managers during relevant stages of the project.
- Undertake Design Risk Assessment and capture the outcome.
- Have technical knowledge and understanding of key plant and equipment used within the water industry and be able to work within a team to specify and evaluate equipment.
- Have technical knowledge and understanding of key activities within process plant design with the water sector and be able to progress their development.
- Work with CAD designers and other design engineers to create P&ID drawings.
- Work with CAD designers to develop 3D models, General Arrangement and detailed drawings to define the plant design.
- Have a minimum of 2 years relevant experience in process plant design, ideally in the water sector.
- Have a positive outlook and a motivation to drive design activity forwards.
- Have good communication skills to allow design challenges to be resolved.
- Be able to work accurately and diligently on detailed engineering tasks.
- Engineering qualification (HND or degree) to demonstrate a core competence in mechanical engineering.
- Ability to work in a small team and coordinate activities to drive the design activity forward
- Good levels of experience and competence in interpretation and understanding of P&ID's, 2D drawings and 3D models.
- Ability and experience of being able to use initiative and knowledge to develop designs with a consideration for the key design features of the plant / equipment.
- Ability and experience of being able to work to a dead-line and to plan tasks around the timescales of others, with excellent time management skills.
- Knowledge and experience of equipment and technologies used commonly within the water treatment industries.
What's in it for you - Benefits of working at the company
- Competitive salary
- 25 days holiday plus 8 public holidays
- Life Assurance
- Pension Scheme
- And also..... Private Medical Insurance, Group Income Protection, Dental Insurance, Cycle to work scheme, Travel Insurance, Health Screening, Shopping discounts and much more.
If you like what you have read so far
- you feel this Company matches what you are looking for in a new career venture
- would like a more detailed Job Description or would like to discuss the opportunity on the Mechanical Engineer
please click Apply on this advert and ring Cass on
5192 or email
mcgconstruction.co.uk to proceed in applying.