Are you a Network Asset Manager looking for a new opportunity within the Highways sector?
Then you need to keep reading as this might be the right fit for you!!
We are recruiting for a leading construction consultancy looking to add a Network Asset Manager to their team!
Job Title - Network Asset Manager
Area/Location - Barnet, Greater London
Type of Job - Permanent
Start Date - As Soon As Possible
Salary - £65 000
Purpose of the Role-
The Network Asset Manager is responsible for supporting the Operations Manager (Assets) in the overall delivery of the Asset Management Programme, all revenue and capital maintenance, routine operational works, and cyclical programmes, with particular focus on the Network Recovery Programme (NRP). The scope includes deputising as the asset custodian ensuring the end to end feasibility, design, implementation and maintenance of all revenue and capital works through the council nominated term maintenance contractor and developed frameworks. The post holder would have a key role in the delivery of the effective and efficient Highways Maintenance function within the Re Highways Team. Also supporting in the delivery of projects against continuous improvement and innovation criteria within budget, timeframe, and quality standards
A Few Key Responsibilities of the Role-
- Full support responsibility for the service provided by the Asset team and their performance and relationships.
- To support the delivery of all revenue and capital maintenance, routine operational works, and cyclical programmes, with particular focus on the Network Recovery Programme (NRP)
- To support the Strategic Service Director and the Service Management Team in the delivery of an excellent customer focused service.
- To assist in the management and monitoring of performance including trends and forecasts and where required implement appropriate corrective actions to ensure the service delivers against performance targets.
- Support the leadership, motivation, training and development of the teams and individual staff to maintain an effective workforce capable of producing agreed and measurable outcomes for the service.
- To support in ensuring that the team and individual staff to deliver the services in accordance with prescribed policy and in consultation with stakeholders and the community.
- To support the lead office with respect to the delivery of key projects and programmes at a local, regional, and national level e.g. traffic management, highways asset management, sustainable travel and parking, compliance and enforcement and development control.
- To deputise for the Operations Manager in providing technical and strategic advice on service delivery matters to the Strategic Service Director, Operations Director, Re Management Team, Commissioning Client, other Commissioning Directorates and Council Elected Members as appropriate.
Essential Experience of the Role-
- Degree in Civil Engineering, Water Engineering, Transportation or equivalent, with a minimum of 2 years Post-Graduate Experience
- Professional qualification and membership of a professional institute relevant to any of the specialist areas
- Proven experience in a highways managerial position
- Experience in performance managing Highways Term Maintenance Contracts and Highways Asset Management
- Experience with quality control procedures and performance management
- Experience in programme and project management
- Experience in financial and cost management including meeting growth targets
- Good knowledge of the planning process from a highways design engineering perspective
- Experience in customer and stakeholder relationship management
- Good working knowledge of highways design principles and standard details
- Detailed understanding of the design process and interface with multiple disciplines
- Experienced in the use of bespoke and standard forms of contract including NEC term maintenance
- Good working knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite, Teams, SharePoint, Project and AutoCAD
- Full driving licence or the ability to travel around the borough on a daily basis
What's in it for you -
- A competitive basic salary
- 23 days holiday (rising to 27) with the opportunity to buy extra leave
- The opportunity to take a paid day out of the office, volunteering for our charity partners or a cause of your choice
- Company matched pension, life assurance, a cycle2work scheme, 15 weeks' fully paid maternity, adoption and shared parental leave…and plenty more
- Voluntary benefits designed to suit your lifestyle - from discounts on retail and socialising, to health & wellbeing, travel and technology
- Access to our Employee Network Groups, which represent every strand of diversity and allow colleagues to connect and learn from each other on an open, inclusive platform
If you like what you have read so far
- you feel this Company matches what you are looking for in a new career venture
- would like a more detailed Job Description or would like to discuss the opportunity on the Network Asset Manager role further
please click Apply on this advert and ring Cass on
5192 or email
mcgconstruction.co.uk to proceed in applying.