Are you an Operations Manager- Development Control looking for a new opportunity within the Highways sector?
Then you need to keep reading as this might be the right fit for you!!
We are recruiting for a leading construction consultancy looking to add a Operations Manager- Development Control to their team!
Purpose of the Role-
Becoming an Operations Manager- Development Control is an opportunity to be responsible for the overall delivery of all highways and development control management, acting as statutory consultee for all planning applications with a transport impact, authorising and monitoring highway works including pre-planning advice, construction management plans, travel plans, planning applications, legal agreements through to highways adoption. Responsible for the growth of the service including identification and securing of sustainable third-party income through an integrated 'one stop shop' highways development management approach.
A Few Key Responsibilities of the Role-
- Overall responsibility for the service provided by the Development Control team and their performance and relationships.
- To work with the Strategic Service Director and the Service Management Team in the delivery of an excellent customer focused service.
- To manage and monitor performance including trends and forecasts and where required implement appropriate corrective actions to ensure the service delivers against performance targets.
- To ensure the most efficient and effective deployment and management of resources within the allocated responsibilities.
- Lead, motivate, train and develop the teams and individual staff to maintain an effective workforce capable of producing agreed and measurable outcomes for the service.
- Review and advise on potential structural, system and process changes that optimise working practices and teams and individual staff career development, continually improving the effectiveness and efficiency of the organisation
- To ensure that the team and individual staff deliver the services in accordance with prescribed policy and in consultation with stakeholders and the community.
- To establish and maintain effective and regular contact with appropriate stakeholders and ensure their views are reflected in the delivery of the service.
- To develop and maintain, through frequent review, strategies and policies required for the service in accordance with statutory requirements and best practical highways and environmental options, ensuring contractual and Governmental targets are met.
- Be the lead office with respect to the delivery of key projects and programmes at a local, regional and national level e.g. traffic management, highways asset management, sustainable travel and parking, compliance and enforcement and development control.
- To provide technical and strategic advice on service delivery matters to the Strategic Service Director, Operations Director, Re Management Team, Commissioning Client, other Commissioning Directorates and Council Elected Members as appropriate.
- To model strategic approaches to the service, make recommendations and ensure effective implementation to drive effectiveness and efficiency.
Essential Experience of the Role-
- Must be qualified to degree level or equivalent with a professional qualification and membership of a professional institute relevant to any of the specialist areas, with extensive Post-Graduate Experience.
- Experience in a senior highways managerial position
- Significant experience in Highways Legislation and Highways Enforcement
- Experience with quality control procedures and performance management
- Experience in programme and project management
- Profound knowledge of the planning process from a highways design engineering perspective
- Significant experience in customer and stakeholder relationship management
- Good working knowledge of highways design principles and standard details
- Experienced in the use of bespoke and standard forms of contract including NEC term maintenance
- Good working knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite, Teams, SharePoint, Project and AutoCAD
- Full driving licence or the ability to travel around the borough on a daily basis
What's in it for you -
- A competitive basic salary
- 23 days holiday (rising to 25 after 2 years' service and 27 after 5 years) with the opportunity to buy extra leave
- Company matched pension, life assurance, a cycle2work scheme, 15 weeks' fully paid maternity, adoption and shared parental leave…and plenty more
- Voluntary benefits designed to suit your lifestyle - from discounts on retail and socialising, to health & wellbeing, travel and technology
Job Title - Operations Manager- Development Control
Area/Location - Barnet, Greater London
Type of Job - Permanent
Start Date - As Soon As Possible
Salary -£75 000
If you like what you have read so far
- you feel this Company matches what you are looking for in a new career venture
- would like a more detailed Job Description or would like to discuss the opportunity on the Operations Manager- Development Control role further
please click Apply on this advert and ring Cass on
5192 or email
mcgconstrcution.co.uk to proceed in applying.