Are you a Parking and Sustainable Travel Manager looking for a new opportunity within the Highways sector?
Then you need to keep reading as this might be the right fit for you!!
We are recruiting for a leading construction consultancy looking to add a Parking and Sustainable Travel Manager to their team!
Purpose of the Role-
Becoming a Parking and Sustainable Travel Manager is an opportunity to be responsible for supporting the Operations Manager (Traffic and Travel) in the overall delivery of parking design, controlled parking zones, road safety, sustainable travel management and schools travel planning services, deputising as the lead officer for Area Committee and Section 106 scheme coordination and delivery as required. Also supporting on the provision of Public Rights of Way technical and para legal service and the growth of the service through the identification and securing of funding and grant aiding to drive service efficiency matched to client objectives.
A Few Key Responsibilities of the Role-
- Full support responsibility for the service provided by the Traffic and Travel team and their performance and relationships.
- To support the Strategic Service Director and the Service Management Team in the delivery of an excellent customer focused service.
- To assist in the management and monitoring of performance including trends and forecasts and where required implement appropriate corrective actions to ensure the service delivers against performance targets.
- Support in the leadership, motivation, training and development of the teams and individual staff to maintain an effective workforce capable of producing agreed and measurable outcomes for the service.
- To support in ensuring that the team and individual staff to deliver the services in accordance with prescribed policy and in consultation with stakeholders and the community.
- To help establish and maintain effective and regular contact with appropriate stakeholders and ensure their views are reflected in the delivery of the service.
- To support the lead office with respect to the delivery of key projects and programmes at a local, regional and national level e.g. traffic management, highways asset management, sustainable travel and parking, compliance and enforcement and development control.
- To deputise for the Operations Manager in providing technical and strategic advice on service delivery matters to the Strategic Service Director, Operations Director, Re Management Team, Commissioning Client, other Commissioning Directorates and Council Elected Members as appropriate.
Essential Experience of the Role-
- Must be qualified to degree level or equivalent with a professional qualification and membership of a professional institute relevant to any of the specialist areas, with Post-Graduate Experience
- Previous experience in a highways managerial position
- Experience in Parking Design, Sustainable Travel, Area Working and Local Scheme Delivery
- Experience with quality control procedures and performance management
- Experience in programme and project management
- Experience in financial and cost management including meeting growth targets
- Good knowledge of the planning process from a highways design engineering perspective
- Experience in customer and stakeholder relationship management
- Good working knowledge of highways design principles and standard details
- Detailed understanding of the design process and interface with multiple disciplines
- Experienced in the use of bespoke and standard forms of contract including NEC term maintenance
- Good working knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite, Teams, SharePoint, Project and AutoCAD
- Full driving licence or the ability to travel around the borough on a daily basis
What's in it for you -
- A competitive basic salary
- 23 days holiday (rising to 25 after 2 years' service and 27 after 5 years) with the opportunity to buy extra leave
- Company matched pension, life assurance, a cycle2work scheme, 15 weeks' fully paid maternity, adoption and shared parental leave…and plenty more
- Voluntary benefits designed to suit your lifestyle - from discounts on retail and socialising, to health & wellbeing, travel and technology
Job Title - Parking and Sustainable Travel Manager
Area/Location - Barnet, Greater London
Type of Job - Permanent
Start Date - As Soon As Possible
Salary -£55 000
If you like what you have read so far
- you feel this Company matches what you are looking for in a new career venture
- would like a more detailed Job Description or would like to discuss the role further
please click Apply on this advert and ring Cass on
5192 or email
mcgconstrcution.co.uk to proceed in applying.