Are you a Principal Engineer- Rail looking for a new opportunity within the Highways sector?
Then you need to keep reading as this might be the right fit for you!!
We are recruiting for a leading construction consultancy looking to add a Principal Engineer- Rail to their team!
Purpose of the Role-
An excellent opportunity has arisen for a Principal Engineer- Rail to join our team in Manchester.
We are looking for an individual with experience of working in the UK rail industry with good working knowledge of Network Rail Grip process / standards and approval processes.
You will provide technical leadership into assigned projects and be expected to guide/mentor the design team to achieve its deliverables. Working in collaboration with other design disciplines in Common Data Environment
A Few Key Responsibilities of the Role-
- Leading and assisting with the preparation of documentation relating to projects.
- Engaging with and developing good working relationships with multiple internal and external stakeholders, including Network Rail / local authorities / Tier 1 contractor's clients and other disciplines.
- Check and approval of technical work by the design team.
- Manage delivery teams.
- Act as Contractors Responsible Engineer (CRE) - Design.
- Help to develop the production of drawings, reports and specifications.
- Produce scope and management of surveys on site.
- Input to and preparation of bids and proposals.
- Providing technical guidance and mentorship to junior members of the team.
- Becoming familiar and compliant with relevant Health, Safety and Welfare regulations and to promote our SHEW culture within your team.
- Manage the engineering interfaces of allocated proposals with concurrent work in other disciplines, or within other programmes.
- Client, Contractor and Subcontractor liaison and management.
Essential Experience of the Role-
- Able to undertake the NR/L2/INI/02009 roles of Contractors Responsible Engineer (CRE) or equivalent.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Ability to communicate with a variety of audience using different mediums.
- Able to work as part of a multidisciplinary team comprising planners, designers, engineers and technicians, providing technical guidance to less experienced members of the team.
- Manage own and others time, ensuring deliverables to agreed deadlines and within budget.
- A Bachelors or Masters Degree in Civil Engineering or a related subject accredited by the Engineering Council
- Chartered Member of the Institution of Civil Engineers or equivalent
- Experience in delivering and managing all stages of multi-disciplinary engineering projects from initial studies through to detailed design.
- Typically, a minimum of 7+ years' experience working in the rail sector.
What's in it for you?
- A competitive basic salary
- 23 days' holiday (rising to 27) with the opportunity to buy extra leave.
- The opportunity to take a paid day out of the office, volunteering for our charity partners or a cause of your choice.
- Company matched pension, life assurance, a cycle2work scheme, 15 weeks' fully paid maternity, adoption and shared parental leave, paternity pay of two weeks and plenty more.
- Voluntary benefits designed to suit your lifestyle - from discounts on retail and socialising, to health & wellbeing, travel and technology.
- Access to our Employee Network Groups, which represent every strand of diversity and allow colleagues to connect and learn from each other on an open, inclusive platform.
Job Title - Principal Engineer- Rail
Area/Location - Manchester
Type of Job - Permanent
Start Date - As Soon As Possible
If you like what you have read so far
- you feel this Company matches what you are looking for in a new career venture
- would like a more detailed Job Description or would like to discuss the opportunity on the Principal Engineer- Rail role further
please click Apply on this advert and ring Cass on
5192 or email Cassidee@
Mcgconstruction.co.uk to proceed in applying.