Are you a Project Manager Officer Manager ( PMO Manager ) looking for a new opportunity within the Highways sector?
Then you need to keep reading as this might be the right fit for you!!
We are recruiting for a leading construction consultancy looking to add a Project Manager Officer to their team!
Job Title - Project Manager Officer Manager ( PMO Manager )
Area/Location - Barnet
Type of Job - Permanent
Start Date - As Soon As Possible
Salary -£60000 per annum
Purpose of the Role-
The Project Manager Officer Manager ( PMO Manager ) will work as part of the Business Operations Team supporting the delivery of an efficient and sustainable highways and transportation asset management function on behalf of the London Borough of Barnet, providing high quality cost-effective management, development and delivery solutions in order to ensure that the London Borough of Barnet fulfils its statutory duty as Highways Authority for the purposes of the Highways Act 1980.
The post holder is responsible for the management of the Regional Enterprise (Re) Highways Project Management Office (PMO) including all programme and work scheduling and performance management functions across a wide range of locally and strategically important highway schemes, with particular initial emphasis on Major Maintenance Capital Programmes (NRP), TfL schemes
A Few Key Responsibilities of the Role-
- Establishing a new Project Manager Officer and managing the PMO team members and activities to ensure that the Council meets its obligations with regard to a range of processes related to scheme and programme planning and implementation across the borough
- Lead on the collation and coordination all Highways Asset Management programmes of work across Re Highways Service, including liaison with the wider business and the London Borough of Barnet
- To ensure all works programmed through the Highways Asset Management Programme are monitored in line with agreed timescales, budgets, procedures and standards, ensuring full compliance with the contract and associated specification
- To enable all works programmed through the Highways Asset Management Programme to be recorded in the relevant systems, in line with the defined data capture guidelines, processes and standards
- Monitor and manage trends in performance across all deliverables, maintain and support business improvement activities and prepare for and oversee all audit processes
- To manage the Re Highways GIS function managing the local land gazetteer, asset management data sets and spatial data sets on behalf of the service.
- Lead on performance reviews and audits to ensure scheme delivery and quality and performance assurance. Deliver performance trend reports, identification of risk and root cause analysis to support Service development and risk mitigation
- Ensure that the processing of all data and information on a variety of schemes, projects and programmes across the Borough is managed in an efficient and effective way, contributing where appropriate to all Financial and Performance activities for the Client and the company
- Provide technical input and support to business planning processes, including options appraisals and the development of business case proposals, for new systems and processes supporting the delivery of essential Highways Services
Essential Experience of the Role-
- Experience in setting up and/ or management of a Project Management Office
- Experience of leadership and team management within a professional services organisation
- Ability to demonstrate management and implementation of project and programme tools and techniques
- Experience of tracking the statuses and performance of multiple projects concurrently, providing appropriate roll-up level reporting to stakeholders.
- Experience with quality control procedures and performance management
- Experience in performance data analysis, forecasting and reporting including performance indicators
- Knowledge of business systems and processes to drive efficiencies
- Significant Project & Programme Management Skills
- Experience in customer and stakeholder relationship management
- Qualified to degree level or equivalent
- Membership of an appropriate professional body or evidence of working towards this
Desirable Experience for the Role-
- Auditing and procedural compliance experience
- The Project Manager Officer Manager ( PMO Manager ) will have good working knowledge of highways operations and associated operational processes
- Full driving licence or the ability to travel around the borough
What's in it for me?
- A competitive basic salary
- Flexible home working options
- 23 days holiday (rising to 27) with the opportunity to buy extra leave
- The opportunity to take a paid day out of the office, volunteering for our charity partners or a cause of your choice
- Company matched pension, life assurance, a cycle2work scheme, 15 weeks' fully paid maternity, adoption and shared parental leave…and plenty more
- Voluntary benefits designed to suit your lifestyle - from discounts on retail and socialising, to health & wellbeing, travel and technology
- Access to our Employee Network Groups, which represent every strand of diversity and allow colleagues to connect and learn from each other on an open, inclusive platform
You'll get the chance to follow your chosen career path anywhere in the company You'll be joining a network of 63,000 experienced, innovative and dedicated individuals across multiple disciplines and sectors. There are countless opportunities to learn new skills and develop in your career, and we'll provide the support you need to do just that. Our purpose is to create a better outcome for you.
If you like what you have read so far
- you feel this Company matches what you are looking for in a new career venture
- would like a more detailed Job Description or would like to discuss the opportunity on the Project Manager Officer Manager ( PMO Manager )role further
please click Apply on this advert and ring Cass on
5192 or email Cassidee@
Mcgconstruction.co.uk to proceed in applying.