Are you a Rail Engineer looking for a new opportunity within the Highways sector?
Then you need to keep reading as this might be the right fit for you!!
We are recruiting for a leading construction consultancy looking to add a Rail Engineer to their team!
Job Title - Rail Engineer
Area/Location - Glasgow
Type of Job - Permanent
Start Date - As Soon As Possible
Salary -£37000 per annum
Purpose of the Role-
As a Rail Engineer, you will provide technical leadership into assigned projects and be expected to guide/mentor the design team to achieve its deliverables. You will work in collaboration with other design disciplines in Common Data Environment
A Few Key Responsibilities of the Role-
- Leading and assisting with the preparation of documentation relating to projects
- Engaging with and developing good working relationships with multiple internal and external stakeholders, including Network Rail / local authorities / Tier 1 contractor's clients and other disciplines
- Check and approval of technical work by the design team
- Act as Contractors Responsible Engineer (CRE) - Design
- The Rail Engineer will help to develop the production of drawings, reports and specifications
- Manage the development of engineering options for a proposal so that full consideration is given to safety, reliability, operational capacity modelling, maintainability, ease of construction, and environmental/whole life issues
Essential Experience of the Role-
- Experience of working in the UK rail industry with good working knowledge of Network Rail Grip process / standards and approval processes.
- Able to undertake the NR/L2/INI/02009 roles of Contractors Responsible Engineer (CRE) or equivalent.
- Able to work as part of a multidisciplinary team comprising planners, designers, engineers and technicians, providing technical guidance to less experienced members of the team.
- Manage own and others time, ensuring deliverables to agreed deadlines and within budget.
- Shall have a sound understanding of the Construction, Design and Management (CDM) 2015 Regulations, specifically the Designers requirements.
- Shall have a sound understanding of Network Rail's requirements regarding the Risk Assessment process. Ability to respond to Project Manager and Client requests and meet challenging deadlines.
- Engineering degree in a relevant discipline.
- Chartered Member of the Institute of Civil Engineers or equivalent
- Experience in delivering and managing all stages of multi-disciplinary engineering projects from initial studies through to detailed design.
- Typically, a minimum of 5 years' experience working in the rail sector.
- PTS qualification desirable
What's in it for you?
- A competitive basic salary
- 23 days' holiday (rising to 27) with the opportunity to buy extra leave
- The opportunity to take a paid day out of the office, volunteering for our charity partners or a cause of your choice
- Company matched pension, life assurance, a cycle2work scheme, 15 weeks' fully paid maternity, adoption and shared parental leave, paternity pay of two weeks…and plenty more
- Voluntary benefits designed to suit your lifestyle - from discounts on retail and socialising, to health & wellbeing, travel and technology
- Access to our Employee Network Groups, which represent every strand of diversity and allow colleagues to connect and learn from each other on an open, inclusive platform
If you like what you have read so far
- you feel this Company matches what you are looking for in a new career venture
- would like a more detailed Job Description or would like to discuss the opportunity on the role further
please click Apply on this advert and ring Cass on
5192 or email Cassidee@
Mcgconstruction.co.uk to proceed in applying.