Are you a Senior Design Engineer looking for a new opportunity within the Highways sector?
Then you need to keep reading as this might be the right fit for you!!
We are recruiting for a leading construction consultancy looking to add a Senior Design Engineer to their team!
Job Title - Senior Design Engineer
Area/Location - Barnet, Greater London
Type of Job - Permanent
Start Date - As Soon As Possible
Salary - £45000 to £50000 (depending on experience)
Purpose of the Role-
Working as part of the Design Hub the Senior Design Engineer will carry out all relevant duties and responsibilities in the work of the Design Team on behalf of the wider Highways Service to ensure the delivery of cost effective and quality services in accordance with Re's vision and values so as to enhance the quality of life and physical environment of Barnet and contribute to the prosperity of the borough. The team works closely with customers and stakeholders in order to ensure all involved parties' interests are met in line with Council policy. The post holder will be responsible for the effective design of a portfolio of projects within the Asset Management Programme. Post holder will also provide technical support in the effective and efficient promotion, design and execution of projects, schemes, investigations and analysis as required within budgets and programmes.
A Few Key Responsibilities of the Role-
- Developing briefs, feasibility studies and undertakes design and implementation of schemes, projects and programmes for small and medium sized projects as allocated, including drawing using specialist IT Software.
- Design and supervision of projects, preparation of estimates, working drawings and Contract documents for projects of varying complexity, dependent on the post holder's grading.
- Designing specifications and cost estimates, issuing works requisitions, liaising with and supervising contractors and monitoring costs.
- To coordinate and supervise projects and to assist in obtaining the necessary technical, administrative, and financial approvals in the preparation, supervision and administration of the project and programme.
- Obtaining the necessary technical, administrative and financial approvals and in the preparation, supervision and administration of associated consultants' commissions or contracts.
- To lead on projects as allocated.
- Carry out condition surveys and site surveys as directed and to assist with, or carry out the preparation of reports on findings. To assist in the introduction of new methods as necessary to ensure efficient use of resources, including taking an active role in promoting best value.
- Liaising, where appropriate, with other Agencies and Bodies and inter and intra services to co-ordinate projects, attending meetings as necessary including with commercial scheme promoters.
Essential Experience of the Role-
- Traffic or Transport Experience is ESSENTIAL
- Minimum of 5 years of experience as a Design Engineer
- You'll be qualified to degree level or equivalent in Civil Engineering or Transportation
- Demonstrable Engineering, Transportation, or equivalent experience
- Knowledge of highways and transport policies and associated working knowledge of legislation. no
- Detailed knowledge of relevant standards and contracts including DMRB, British Standards, MCHW and NEC Contract.
- Demonstrate the ability to programme, supervise and monitor a number of projects simultaneously from inception to completion
- Good IT Skills - including the use of Autocad and Microsoft Office Suite including Word and Excel.
- Ensuring designs are carried out in accordance with current design standards taking into account of CDM legislation, whole life costing, value and risk management
- The ability to set and work to personal deadlines and targets to meet the requirements of programmes of work, to meet clients' needs and to respond to targets set by others
- Experience in programme and project management.
- Experience of surveying and project cost calculation
- Good written and verbal communication skills
What's in it for you -
- A competitive basic salary
- 23 days' holiday (rising to 27) with the opportunity to buy extra leave
- The opportunity to take a paid day out of the office, volunteering for our charity partners or a cause of your choice
- Company matched pension, life assurance, a cycle2work scheme, 15 weeks' fully paid maternity, adoption and shared parental leave, paternity pay of two weeks…and plenty more
- Voluntary benefits designed to suit your lifestyle - from discounts on retail and socialising, to health & wellbeing, travel and technology
- Access to our Employee Network Groups, which represent every strand of diversity and allow colleagues to connect and learn from each other on an open, inclusive platform
If you like what you have read so far
- you feel this Company matches what you are looking for in a new career venture
- would like a more detailed Job Description or would like to discuss the opportunity on the Senior Design Engineer role further
please click Apply on this advert and ring Cass on
5192 or email
mcgconstruction.co.uk to proceed in applying.