- London, UK
- £40,000 - £45,000 per annum
SHEQW Advisor required in the South East for a Water industry based organisation.
In this role you will support a team who are focused on improving the H&S behaviour of a term contract in the water sector. There is a good chance for further progression in this role. Candidates should be able to deliver SHEQW guidance and advice on short-term and fast moving sites as well as in the office for inductions etc. As such our client are after people with relevant skills and experience who can be on site early (hence living locally is desired). You will advise Supervisors, Team Leaders and Gangs in the field of statutory health and safety requirements, encourage the reporting of near misses through proactive engagement with Operatives and Supervisors. You will regularly inspect work locations and activities and prepare and submit inspections in a timely manner, review and approve risk assessments and method statements, verify that temporary works are implemented safely, conduct investigations of incidents and accidents identifying root cause analysis and recommendations to prevent re-occurrence, report incidents and submit reports within agreed timescales, support well-being campaigns and deliver regular and appropriate tool box talks and briefings on subject matter, assist in the identification of safety training needs for site based personnel and bring these to the attention of the Regional Health and Safety Manager, co-operate with the Health and Safety Executive in connection with their site visits, monitor compliance with electronic management systems (such as SwIMS), provide training and advice etc.
Necessary Skills / Experience
* Working knowledge of current UK Health and Safety legislation and best practice
* Ability to maintain records and prepare reports
* Ability to evaluate safety practices, procedures, programmes, attitudes, and awareness and to recommend methods of improvement
* Experience of delivering training modules
* Knowledge of a variety of occupational health risk environments, such as confined spaces
* Knowledge of safety devices to use in conjunction with tools and equipment in the workplace
* Ability to evaluate safe practices, procedures, programmes, attitudes and awareness and to recommend methods of improvement
* Experience in delivering and implementing behaviour based safety initiatives
* Knowledge of the properties, handling and storage of corrosives, contaminates and flammables
* Computer literate with experience of Microsoft PowerPoint, Excel, Word, Outlook
* Efficient use of a document management system
You should hold NEBOSH General or Construction Certificate, Tech IOSH working towards Grad IOSH (or better) , have appropriate Construction Skills Card + Water Hygiene EUSR and ideally Thames Water passport.
Senior Site Manager
Currently looking for a Senior Site Manager to work on project working on High and Low Rise Council Flats in...
SHEQW Advisor required in the South East for a Water industry based organisation. In this role you will...
Civil / Structural CAD Technician
Leeds based Civil / Structural Engineering Design office are looking to employ a motivated and passionate...
NICEIC Qualified Supervisor
MCG Construction are recruiting a Project Co-coordinator/ NICEIC Qualified Supervisor responsible for general...
Construction Senior Administrator
MCG Construction are currently recruiting for a Senior Contract Administrator to join a new construction...