Are you a Site Manager looking for a new opportunity within the Highways sector?
Then you need to keep reading as this might be the right fit for you!!
We are recruiting for a leading construction consultancy looking to add a Site Manager to their team!
Job Title - Site Manager
Area/Location - Newcastle Upon Tyne
Type of Job - Permanent
Start Date - As Soon As Possible
Salary -£44000 (£40000 basic and 10% car allowance)
Purpose of the Role-
The successful candidate will take charge of civil engineering projects at site level with responsibility for planning, organising and health & safety. Reporting to a Project Manager the Site Manager will line manage Site Engineers, General Foremen and other supervisory roles on the project, while ensuring works are carried out in a safe manner in line with the company's Management systems, to the required quality and to the project programme and budget.
A Few Key Responsibilities of the Role-
- Working within a team, and reporting to a Project Manager, the successful applicant will be required to manage the site through all stages of the project, from planning and forecasting to closing of accounts. A key aspect of the role will be the management of Health and Safety on site including demonstrating absolute commitment to various safety initiatives that we currently have running/planned through leading by example.
- Within the role safety, quality, programme, commercial and finance documents will be prepared. Support will be given through other functions within the team; however, the Site Manager will remain accountable for the successful outcome of the project. The Site Manager will be expected to manage resources including plant, labour, materials and subcontractors and also manage the interface with third parties, including service companies as required to carry out the works.
- Use the company's management systems and comply with company procedures.
- Determine and procure resources (labour, plant, equipment and subcontract requirements) and assign responsibilities for roles and tasks necessary for the satisfactory completion of the works
- Manage materials supply to control cost, productivity and meet programme deadlines
- Lead by example when maintaining and complying with systems for managing site health and safety and welfare
- Manage the inspection, preparation and maintenance of the site in a satisfactory condition for the safe execution of the works
- Motivate personnel and arrange for effective productivity and economic use of labour, plant and subcontract resources and achievement of required quality within any environmental constraints
- Through coordination and management of the Site Engineer and General Foreman, determine methods or working and programme of works, gaining senior approval when required
- Support others to use on-site administrative systems and ensure management systems are adhered to
- Support others to provide information on methods and programmes to enable the successful completion of the works
- Manage the works to enable financial recovery
- Implement disciplinary and grievance procedures as required by prevailing conditions
- Manage expenditure against budget and monitor progress of works against programme
- Ensure accurate and detailed records are kept, procurement rules are adhered to and project filing systems are up to date.
- Establish and maintain good working relationships with the Client, Project Manager, Design Team, CDM Coordinator, Customer Liaison, PR, Procurement, Legal, Finance and Audit Teams.
- Managing own workload and support their team to meet the project deadlines
Essential Experience of the Role-
- Degree or HNC in Civil Engineering or Construction Project Management
- Able to engage effectively with staff at all levels and with different technical understanding
- A good understanding of current health and safety legislation, including CDM.
- Ability to estimate and control costs, plant and labour.
- Ability to use Microsoft Office, Excel and Project
- Experience of monitoring and managing contract programmes.
- SMSTS or equivalent construction management knowledge and experience
- Minimum 10 years construction experience
- Full driving licence
- Detailed understanding of project productivity expectations
- Knowledge construction processes in the highway sector
What's in it for you?
- 23 days' holiday (rising to 27) with the opportunity to buy extra leave
- The opportunity to take a paid day out of the office, volunteering for our charity partners or a cause of your choice
- Company matched pension, life assurance, a cycle2work scheme, 15 weeks' fully paid maternity, adoption and shared parental leave, paternity pay of two weeks…and plenty more
- Voluntary benefits designed to suit your lifestyle - from discounts on retail and socializing, to health & wellbeing, travel and technology
- Access to our Employee Network Groups, which represent every strand of diversity and allow colleagues to connect and learn from each other on an open, inclusive platform
If you like what you have read so far
- you feel this Company matches what you are looking for in a new career venture
- would like a more detailed Job Description or would like to discuss the opportunity on the role further
please click Apply on this advert and ring Cass on
5192 or email Cassidee@
Mcgconstruction.co.uk to proceed in applying.