Are you a Skilled Groundworker looking for a new opportunity within the Highways sector?
Then you need to keep reading as this might be the right fit for you!!
We are recruiting for a leading construction consultancy looking to add a Skilled Groundworker to their team!
Job Title - Skilled Groundworker
Area/Location - Newcastle Upon Tyne
Type of Job - Permanent
Start Date - As Soon As Possible
Purpose of the Role-
We are looking for experienced Skilled Groundworkers to join our successful team. The main focus of the role will be working on Major Civil Engineering projects across North Tyneside. The successful candidate will work as part of a team and report directly to the Site Manager
A Few Key Responsibilities of the Role-
- Carrying out a range of advanced construction tasks e.g. Excavating, Kerb laying, Paving, Drainage, Concrete laying, Tarmac work and block paving
- Use and interpret construction drawings and utility providers plans.
- Have an understanding of setting out and the ability to work to line and level
- To be responsible for the locating and exposing underground services in line with the company's Safe System of Work.
- To provide advice, guidance and instructions to other staff as allocated e.g. Apprentice's, Laborers and ensure all work is carried out as instructed
- Experience in using a variety of small plant and tools (Sthll Saw, Pneumatic Breaker, Whacker Plate etc)
- Undertake daily checks and record findings of all plant used
- Adhere to agreed performance levels
- Liaise with Site Manager in order to effectively manage materials and material delivery's
- To adhere to Heath and Safety standards and codes of practice
Essential Experience of the Role-
- You'll hold a full UK driving license
- CSCS Card holder
- Experience working in a similar role post qualification
Desirable Experience for the Role
- NPORS or equivalent up to 10t 360 Excavator
- NVQ level 2 in General Construction
- Npors or equivalent up to 10t Dumper
- Npors or equivalent up to 10t Roller
- First Aid Trained
- Manual Handling
- CAT and Genny
- Confined Space
What's in it for you?
- The successful Skilled groundworker will receive a competitive basic salary of £25,770
- 23 days' holiday (rising to 27) with the opportunity to buy extra leave
- The opportunity to take a paid day out of the office, volunteering for our charity partners or a cause of your choice
- Company matched pension, life assurance, a cycle2work scheme, 15 weeks' fully paid maternity, adoption and shared parental leave, paternity pay of two weeks…and plenty more
- Voluntary benefits designed to suit your lifestyle - from discounts on retail and socialising, to health & wellbeing, travel and technology
- Access to our Employee Network Groups, which represent every strand of diversity and allow colleagues to connect and learn from each other on an open, inclusive platform
- You'll get the chance to follow your chosen career path anywhere in the company. You'll be joining a network of 63,000 experienced, innovative and dedicated individuals across multiple disciplines and sectors. There are countless opportunities to learn new skills and develop in your career, and we'll provide the support you need to do just that. Our purpose is to create a better outcome for you.
If you like what you have read so far
- you feel this Company matches what you are looking for in a new career venture
- would like a more detailed Job Description or would like to discuss the opportunity on the role further
please click Apply on this advert and ring Cass on
5192 or email Cassidee@
Mcgconstruction.co.uk to proceed in applying.