TITLE: Managing Surveyor / Commercial Manager
REPORTS TO: Commercial Director
- Full Commercial responsibility for the delivery of £200M Housing development
- Responsible for the Commercial and Surveying function from procurement through to customers moving into their new homes, asset management and adoption of public amenities as necessary.
- Maximising profit whilst maintaining a high level of customer care and focus on changes within the industry.
- Accountability for of all aspects of cost control and cost reporting.
- Recruitment and management of the commercial team to deliver the early Phases of the development.
RESPONSIBILITIES AND ACCOUNTABILITIES
The Managing Surveyor / Commercial Manager will be responsible for the following:
- Management of the commercial team.
- Preparation of Cost Planning information.
- Development of the procurement strategy for the project.
- Implementation of the procurement strategy in line with the cost plan and programme.
- Liaison with architects and consultants so as to provide continuous value engineering of design concepts and proposals.
- Monitoring changes so as to continuously identify the status of costs
- To manage the PQS and other appointed consultants.
- To establish subcontract sources early in the programme so that they can contribute to the design of the project in terms of value engineering.
- Develop robust and inclusive definitions of the scope of the works
- Set up and maintain cost reporting systems on site in line with Company procedures.
- Management of all subcontractors from procurement to final account, including the resolution of all claims.
- Assist the Development team with pre construction advice where necessary in the appraisal of future Phases and/or development opportunities.
- Experience in dealing with large scale construction / development projects
- Experience in brown-field regeneration
- Experience of delivering high quality residential schemes
- Understands principles of construction from technical and commercial management perspective.
- Understanding of latest building regulations and design efficiencies
- Claims avoidance / resolution experience
- Able to balance cost / programme / quality and safety priorities.
- An effective leader, motivator and mentor
- Proactive, flexible and reliable
- Credible, and comfortable in dealing with a wide variety of stakeholders
- Good Team Player
- Empathic communicator, able to see things from the other person's point of view
- Keen to deliver exceptional customer service
- Well-presented and business like