Are you a looking for a Quantity Surveyor looking for a new opportunity within the Highways sector?
Then you need to keep reading as this might be the right fit for you!!
We are recruiting for a leading construction consultancy looking to add a Quantity Surveyor to their team!
Purpose of the Role-
Working within the Asset Management Team, this role will play a key role in a highly motivated Highways Maintenance Team, participating in the delivery of the effective and efficient Highways Maintenance function within the Re Highways Team. The postholder will be required to assist the Senior Quantity Surveyor in providing full Commercial support to the appropriate Project Teams and any other staff that work with them, in delivering the Commercial and Financial aspects of all Pre-Contract activities and subsequent Live Major Projects to be delivered by the business
A Few Key Responsibilities of the Role-
- Ensuring that full commercial records and associated information are fully maintained and readily available to the business, should it be required, whilst also ensuring full compliance with all Project contractual requirements and Re's LBB Partnership contractual responsibilities and Partnership objectives.
- Assisting the Senior Quantity Surveyor and Project Managers in the pricing of all Pre-Contract works, ensuring that all procurement and associated governance requirements are carried out fully and documented for auditability purposes.
- Participate in the preparation, issuing, reviewing and managing of Early Warning Notices, Compensation Events within the agreed contractual timescales and subsequent timely agreement of all CE's, variations or claims and any additional payments that may become due as a result.
- Participate in the preparation and specification for tendering and implementation of highways maintenance contracts in accordance with current legislation, analyse and report on returned estimates and tender documents as required.
- Ensure that all required Sub-Contracts are produced, agreed and signed by all Parties prior to works commencing on a Project. All Subcontracts must be wholly stepped down versions of the LBB Main/Client Contract.
- Help ensure that all main contracts have terms and conditions that are appropriate for Re, with all commercial risks identified and agreed. Any known Tender exclusions or clarifications must be captured on both.
- Ensure that Re's supply chain is engaged appropriately with the correct contract terms and conditions.
- Carry out full Project level cost management including forecasting to agreed Finance timetables.
- Prepare all applications for payment, agree same with the relevant budget manager and issue Payment Notice to Finance for invoicing.
- To liaise and deal courteously and in line with policy with all enquiries from elected Members, members of the public, and stakeholders to deliver service excellence, including the preparation of high quality, factual, letters, technical reports and other documents as required.
- To carry out all duties with due regard to the Re's Customer Care, Equalities, Information Governance, Data Protection, GDPR, Financial Regulations and Health and Safety policies and procedures.
Essential Experience of the Role-
- Professional work experience in Civil Engineering, Building Services Engineering, Transportation or equivalent
- Degree in Quantity Surveying or equivalent
- Member of RICS or other relevant professional body or working towards becoming a member
- Demonstrable suitable relevant experience in successful delivery of highways schemes, from pre-design through to implementation and sign-off
- Detailed specialist knowledge with regard to relevant forms of contract including NEC
- General knowledge of highways and transport policies and associated working knowledge of legislation
- Experience of project cost calculation
- Demonstrable customer care skills
- Excellent budgetary management skill
- Experience of working with consultants and/or contractors
- Confident in dealing with day-to-day performance issues as they arise
- Good working knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite including Word and Excel
- Full driving licence or the ability to travel around the borough on a daily basis
What's in it for you?
- A competitive basic salary
- 23 days' holiday (rising to 27) with the opportunity to buy extra leave
- The opportunity to take a paid day out of the office, volunteering for our charity partners or a cause of your choice
- Company matched pension, life assurance, a cycle2work scheme, 15 weeks' fully paid maternity, adoption and shared parental leave, paternity pay of two weeks…and plenty more
- Voluntary benefits designed to suit your lifestyle - from discounts on retail and socialising, to health & wellbeing, travel and technology
- Access to our Employee Network Groups, which represent every strand of diversity and allow colleagues to connect and learn from each other on an open, inclusive platform
Job Title - Quantity Surveyor
Area/Location - Barnet
Type of Job - Permanent
Start Date - As Soon As Possible
If you like what you have read so far
- you feel this Company matches what you are looking for in a new career venture
- would like a more detailed Job Description or would like to discuss the role further
please click Apply on this advert and ring Cass on
5192 or email Cassidee@
Mcgconstruction.co.uk to proceed in applying.