Job Title: Service Engineer (Pharmaceutical)
Job Class: Site Engineer
Location: High Wycombe
MCG Construction has a new opportunity for a qualified Production Engineer for a major contract in High Wycombe.
What will I be doing?
The Production Engineers' job function is to provide engineering support to specific aspects of ELGA Labwater Manufacturing facilities in both the UK and China.
The Production Engineer's primary focus will be to take lead responsibility for the product integration from the development engineering phase to the manufacturing environment. Working within the Production Engineering team, the Production Engineer will also take full ownership and responsibility for the controlled Engineering Change Order process.
- Involved in the early development stage of new product development, working closely with
- the engineering team to help assess new product suitability for mass production. This will
- also include improvements to existing product portfolios.
- Identify and produce any bespoke tooling, jigs, or fixtures required for testing and mass
- production for different teams across the manufacturing facility. e.g, Quality Control,
- Research & Development.
- Able to visualise and plan processes and layout, stage material flow on the production floor
- and coordinate primarily mechanical and electrical build activities.
- Produce and update work instructions in order to manufacture products in the most efficient way/lean manufacturing. This will include assembly instruction documents and videos. Training of technicians will also be part of this process.
- Manage new parts and BOMs on new products.
- Manage the Engineering Change Order process, processing new modification requests
- (MOD note), update BOMs, create new part numbers, and manage actions with wider teams.
- Work closely with Quality Control to investigate and resolve any quality issues with
- products/parts. This Quality Assurance process ensures control and traceability to all
- modifications to ELGA-released products.
- Represents the department and provides critical feedback to project leaders.
- Coordinates actions across departments and may check on quality and work progress.
- Tasks will be time-sensitive to overall project delivery dates.
Do I have what it takes?
- Previous experience within an administrative role, preferably within a manufacturing/logistics industry.
- GCSE or equivalent in Maths and English (minimum 4/5)
- In-depth knowledge of inventory management principles and best practices.
- Excellent attention to detail, organisational, and workload management.
- Ability to perform well under pressure
- Familiarity with inventory management systems.
- Ability to work well with suppliers, customers, and other team members.
- Active listening skills.
- Strong verbal and written communication.
- Previous experience coordinating with Suppliers and Customers, both internal and external.
- Ability to work to defined working standards and instructions.
- A methodical approach to work.
- Familiarity with Google Suite Apps such as Docs, Sheets, and Slides.
- Good presentational skills
- Can work effectively within a team structure.
- Able to both take instructions and work on own initiative.