This project is working on the build of an industrial unit in Runcorn.
Interviews looking to commence within the next week or so with a view to starting as soon as possible to help with the pre-con aspect.
You will be working for a company that specialises in the Design/Build of Industrial Units.
The successful candidate will be an experienced No1 Site Manager who has experience working on commercial/industrial projects.
Interviews are to commence ASAP due to the existing site manager looking to retire.
Please contact Nathan on 07500
075 192 to discuss further
See below for full list of duties.
- You will be responsible for the support and delivery, of projects for FI-Construction, on time, to budget, safely and to the correct quality.
- You will lead and co-ordinate the construction stages of the project.
- You will lead the FI site management team and work closely with the QS.
- You will be responsible for the management of all FI- Construction sub-contractors required for the project to ensure they are compliant with the scope and delivery of their works packages. You will also assist the FI-Construction QS to ensure budgets and final accounts remain in line with the project sign off.
- Health and safety issues will be a top priority in this role, as will ensuring best value solutions are delivered and continuous improvement of delivery. The role will also involve ensuring the FI teams correctly negotiate and monitor sub-contractors, plan critical dates and organise labour effectively.
- You will be responsible for identifying and highlighting any additional work / variations to the contract and ensuring these are tracked and communicated to the QS.
- You will assist where required in helping to resolve any disputes which may arise and identify areas for improvement in the FI Construction delivery process.
Responsibilities for this role will include:
- Performance management of FI Construction team, design teams and supply chain.
- Ensure all works are properly planned prior to its implementation. This must be in line with all statutory requirements as identified within the FI-Construction Management Plane and all other documentation - e.g., Asbestos Management, Fire Management, Logistic Management and Environmental Management
- Ensure all RAMS are being implemented and followed and all supervisors are fully aware of what is required and are communicating these to their teams
- Ensure all RAMS are in place and a RAMS Assessment form has been carried out and agreed prior to any works commencing
- Ensure all operatives who are working on site have received the relevant Training for their works stream and have received an Induction from the FI-Construction team
- Attend Morning Site Briefings and ensure these are being carried out each morning with all supply chain supervisors prior to any works commencing on site.
- Understand the requirements within all agreed Short Term and Completion Programmes and record and communicate the progress to the relevant Operations Manager and Project Manager
- Carry out weekly sub-contract meetings and record actions
- Implement and maintain the Collaborative Planning Process with all trades and review daily
- Specific prelim monitoring and reporting to Project Lead and senior Manager.
- Identification, monitoring, management, and mitigation of key risks.
- Identification, monitoring, management, and implementation of key opportunities.
- Assist in the final account applications.
- Review of processes to improve where necessary and remove wastage and improve profitability.
- Oversight of Health & Safety.
- Oversee all compliance is being completed including quality.
- Document control and reports are updated and issued in line with the management processes
- Maintain a site diary for all projects you are involved in and ensuring these are available for review
- Appropriate CDM 2015 compliance.
- Aftercare and defects liability
- As individuals and as a team, provide active SHEQ Leadership and visible commitment, support and challenge to compliance within FI-Construction standards contained in the Management System
- Challenge and review methods and systems that actively engage supply chain and operatives in the promotion and achievement of safe and healthy conditions and workplaces
- Ensure that there are effective and adequate arrangements to identify and manage risks, including the provision and compliance with safe systems of work & method statements
For this role you will need to:
- Demonstrate construction project management experience and commercial awareness.
- Have experience in managing construction/industrial projects from commencement to completion.
- Have experience in managing site teams, trades staff & sub-contractors.
- Have awareness of cost management and best value solutions.
- Have awareness of JCT contracts and supply chain orders.
- Have good and effective communication skills.
- Have good analytical and organizational abilities.
- Possess a good leadership ability, as well as the ability to work as part of a team.
- Have the ability to read and interpret specifications.
- Have the ability to be proactive and foresee events and react appropriately towards them.
- Have the ability to multitask in different situations.
- Have the ability to work and carry out projects within a stipulated time frame or deadline.
- Have experience in a similar role or in another construction capacity. This is essential.
#building and construction runcorn #senior site manager construction