Are you a Site Manager looking for your next opportunity?
MCG Construction are recruiting for Site Managers for one of the most forward-thinking construction companies in the UK with a variety of exciting projects starting in the new year.
The ideal candidate will have demonstrable experience working on large fit out projects within the public sector, including retail, hotels, or gyms.
- To ensure the site is established to present a professional and safe working site
- Programme management to goals objectives and deadlines within budget
- To oversee Projects to ensure that Sub-contractors and operatives are working safely and to the highest standard.
- To conduct daily and weekly safety checks and action any points to maintain the highest level of health & safety standards on site.
- To ensure that all work activities are adequately supervised by trained and competent persons.
- To provide health and safety induction to all under their control, including visitors, subcontractors and the self-employed.
- To conduct a programme of Toolbox Talks and Task Briefings for all operatives under their control.
- To consider any hazardous activities at the planning stage and subsequently as any works proceed and define by risk assessment appropriate safe systems of work.
- To ensure that personnel with the appropriate competency are involved in the risk assessment process.
- To satisfy themselves that adequate resources have been provided to enable the work to be undertaken safely.
- To verify that procedures for the control of temporary works are implemented.
- To ensure that all statutory registers, reports, records, certificates, notices, placards and posters are properly maintained and/or displayed.
- To confirm through regular meetings with the Client, Subcontractors and the visiting Health and Safety Advisor that satisfactory arrangements for health and safety are in place and their effectiveness is kept under review.
- To establish and maintain places of work, including access and egress that are safe and without risk to health
- To encourage operatives to report any Close Calls, Near Misses, hazards observed and any defects in plant or equipment.
- To address any hazards reported or observed and remove from service any defective plant or equipment.
- To ensure that all plant and equipment used on site is safe, free from defect and has the required statutory certification.
- To confirm that all Mobile Elevating Work Platforms (MEWPs) operative possess a valid certificate of training to be operated.
- To ensure that day-to-day lifting operations are controlled as defined by the Appointed Person.
CSCS Card Holders
Fire Safety Warden
If this sounds like you then send your CV over to Sam and he will be in touch for a confidential chat.