Transport Manager needed in Grays.
The role of a transport Manager:
- manage the development, performance and maintenance of the organisation's Transport & Plant to produce an efficient transport & plant service, maximising performance, value and profitability
- ensuring that the transport team understands its duties and its role within the organisation
- develop new initiatives and look for new ways to optimise the transport & plant service offering
- meet targets and deadlines and those of the team
- the smooth running of the transport and team
- contribute to training and development of the team and organisation as a whole
- maintain responsibility for performing all duties in compliance with related legal/statutory, regulations, professional duties, responsibilities and obligations, including insurances
Day to Day Duties:
- manage, direct and monitor the transport and plant service as well as the overall performance of the transport to increase efficiency and maximise service, performance, value and profit
- day to day tasks such as route planning, resource allocation and management, driver supervision
- effective liaison, support and assistance with the whole of the organisation
- maintain and improve mechanisms for the operation of the transport, including surveying and measuring the satisfaction with the department and disseminate feedback to the appropriate internal entities
- utilise agreed systems to manage the transport operation; servicing, analysis and documentation
- direct the development of plans for transport to include management to achieve targets
- developing plans for transport management and maintenance
- support to all other departments with transport issues
- appraise and manage performance, development, coaching and general support of all team members to ensure targets are met
- reporting (content and format as agreed) on a monthly basis or as otherwise required
- delegate authority and responsibility to team with supervision, accountability and review
- manage and maintain contact and communications with internal and external "client/customers" to achieve, as applicable, best value and satisfaction.
- set an example for team members and organisation as a whole of commitment, business process and activities, work ethics and habits and personal character
- maintain accurate records
- responsibly use resources and control expenses to meet budgetary controls
- adhere to all organisation policies and procedures
- interact and co-operate with all members of the organisation, its suppliers and customers
- From time to time you may be expected to be part of special projects as are reasonably required of your job role.
- You are responsible for your allocated workload and must meet all targets as agreed with your Line Manager. You must contribute towards the smooth running of the organisation generally.
The successful candidate will need to have the minimum following requirements:
- O License and FORS competent
- Previous experience
Salary is negotiable
Excellent pension scheme and happy to discuss with the client for car allowance
If you have the following qualifications and experience apply now for immediate consideration or call Naz on 07425416519
MCG Construction Recruitment are part of the MCG Group and specialise in blue-collar assignments across London and the South East. If you are interested in similar opportunities, contact our London office and register with us today.