- Stockport, UK
- £40,000 - £50,000 per annum
Are you a Construction Buyer based in Stockport, Manchester looking for a Permanent role with a well-established Regional contractor who has a great reputation and a solid pipeline of work?
Then look no further because then this role is definitely for you!!
This opportunity is offering £40-50,000 per annum PLUSbenefits
Benefits include -company car allowance, pension, and healthcare.
Piqued your interest?? Continue reading to find out more about what the Construction Buyers role would entail as well as the requirements needed to apply!
The right candidate will be an experienced construction professional having worked on a variety of
projects within the construction industry within the various sectors. The core competencies are
focused around personal organisation, team work, communication, personnel management,
problem solving and record keeping.
Personal Qualities Include
In the role of buyer, a candidate will be expected to and be able to demonstrate experience in: -
▪ The main principles of building and of construction;
▪ The main technical aspects of construction;
▪ A broad understanding of the Building Regulations and their implementation;
▪ Be familiar with new technologies and new construction techniques;
▪ Being able to read and dissect drawings in order to understand a project;
▪ Preparing take-off schedules;
▪ Preparing material and plant enquiries for new projects;
▪ Taking off / quantifying materials and preparing enquiries for sending out to the supply
▪ Checking quotes comply with drawings, project specifications, NHBC/Warranty Providers
and statutory requirements, environmental requirements, BREEAM, Health & Safety, etc.;
▪ Being able to deal with changes in specification and construction methods/techniques on a
project and liaising with the team and supply chain effectively to accommodate such
▪ Negotiating best value with the supply chain;
▪ Issuing material and plant orders;▪ Checking quotes against budget;
▪ Development of trading agreements with the existing supply chain and new suppliers;
▪ Providing prices for all materials included in project plans and drawings;
▪ Identifying potential suppliers and new products;
▪ Provision of technical data, user information and COSHH assessments for products
purchased to relevant persons;
▪ Agreeing delivery times and logistics with suppliers in line with company and site
▪ Keeping detailed records and maintaining well organised work schedules;
▪ Providing cost advice on materials to the estimating department at the tendering stage of a
project to ensure that an accurate cost is provided;
▪ Preparing and maintaining cost reports in order to maximise efficiency within the business
and to report to directorspersonal organisation, team work, communication, personnel management, problem solving and record keeping.
click apply and call Nathan on
192 if interested in applying for this great Permanent Construction Buyer opportunity in Stockport
or email cassidee@
We are currently looking for experienced General Labourers to join our team working on building site in...
We are currently looking for a CSCS Welfare / Labourer for an immediate start on the 03/08/2021 on our job in...
360 Excavator Operator
MCG are looking for a 360 Op to work in CB3 The site offer free car park You must have CPCS Blue card and...
Job Title : Grounds Operative Location : Surrey The Surrey and Borders Contract are urgently looking for two...
We are currently looking for experienced Traffic Marshall to join our team working on building site in...