Field Service Engineer
- Manchester, UK
- £35,000 - £50,000 per annum
We are actively recruiting for a field service engineer to carry out maintenance and checks on chute systems in high rise buildings or new build commercial sites.
Will be dealing with PLC systems, working with diagnosis and electrical work, replacing magnets, buttons etc to ensure the chute works correctly.
There will be fault finding procedures needed as if the chute is locked, or deflector plate issues caused by fault electrics must be able to get the chute up and running again
The main bulk of the job is to attend clients' sites, service the chute system, inclusive of all electrical parts, plc's, magnetic fire door, bi-sep and Tri separator systems, magnets, solenoids etc. whilst also checking the fire integrity through seals and fusible links.
Hours will range - Minimum 39 working hours but could be doing as much 60 hours a week (that is with travel included) - You will be paid an hourly rate so the more hours you do in a week the more money you will earn.
You will be provided with all the tools to carry out the job eg Work Van and Tools.
Will be working Temp to Perm via MCG Construction who are a recruitment agency for the first 12 weeks with a guranteed job at the end.
· Working as part of the Field Service team responsible for the checks, repairs and maintenance of our recycling facilities and linen chute systems whilst complying with the relevant safety standards.
Key Job Responsibilities: -
· Liaising with onsite concierge to arrange access and discuss potential faults with the system.
· Identifying faults within the system and repairing on site.
· Completing regular maintenance and fire safety checks ensuring the systems are fire certified and working in the correct manner.
· Electrical knowledge
· Required to manage his/her own day/ task list to ensure the work is completed to the required standard in the time frame given as will be working on his/her own most of the time.
· All tools and equipment will be provided.
Knowledge/ Skills/ Experience
· Full Driving Licence
· Working experience in either of the following fields - Alarms / Electrical / Electronics
· Excellent communication skills.
· Ability to work independently or in a small team.
· Organised and adept at managing and prioritising workload.
· CSCS Card
You can contact Nathan on 07500 075 192 if you have any questiosn about the role
Steel Fixer - Immediate Start - Norwich (NR1) We are a construction company looking for a skilled Steel Fixer...
Handyman - Immediate Start - 1 Week - Southampton (SO17) Handyman. Our client, a main contractor specialising...
AV Field Service Engineer Residential
Audio Visual Field Service Engineer (residential) - I am now looking for an audio visual experience...
General Labourer - 6/8 Months - Bury ST Edmunds General Labourer. Our client, a leading fast-track Retail...
Traffic Marshall / Labourer
Traffic Marshall / Labourer needed in Kirkcaldy starting 24/02 till 18/03. MUST HAVE CSCS, TRAFFIC MARSHALL...