- Newcastle upon Tyne, UK
- £25,000 - £31,000 per annum
Are you a Work Supervisor looking for a new opportunity within the Highways sector?
Then you need to keep reading as this might be the right fit for you!!
We are recruiting for a leading Water Technology Company looking to add a Work Supervisor to their team
The purpose of this role is to support the successful compliance to quality standards for highway works to meet KPIs. The role will involve attending site and carrying out a quality assessment of workmanship in line with specified criteria, preparation of highway maintenance job packs for operational gangs, coordination of highway works in line with health and safety criteria. North Tyneside Council have a strict permitting policy which the successful candidate would be expected to maintain.
Job Title - Work Supervisor
Area/Location -Newcastle Upon Tyne
Type of Job - Permanent
Start Date - As Soon As Possible
Salary - £25 000 - 31 000
The role will involve attending site and carrying out a quality assessment of workmanship in line with specified criteria, preparation of highway maintenance job packs for operational gangs, coordination of highway works in line with health and safety criteria. North Tyneside Council have a strict permitting policy which the successful candidate would be expected to maintain.
This role will be based in our Killingworth office, within North Tyneside. However, travelling will be sites within North Tyneside and possibility to other comapny offices or Client offices.
- Quality inspections on highway works to ensure they meet our client criteria.
- Coordination of highway maintenance works which include managing job cards in line with target dates for KPIs.
- Adherence to permit scheme in line with KPIs.
- Use of Symology System to create job packs, permits and updates for Highways works.
- Site inspections to ensure workforce are adhering to health and safety requirements i.e permit to dig/PPE/utility drawings etc in line with risk assessments.
- Organisation of traffic management for highway works.
- Assist Surface Water Manager with management of Strategic Gully Cleansing Programme.
- Management of call out rota for out of hours working
The above list is not meant to be an exhaustive range of tasks and responsibilities and is subject to the changing requirements of the business.
* Microsoft Office experience - particularly Excel
* Experience of using data inventory system, ideally Symology, however not Essential
* Attention to detail
* Some experience of working within highways and engineering field
* Have a flexible approach to work
* Have good organisational skills including the ability to multi-task,
* Be able to prioritise work under pressure and complete within deadlines.
* Be able to communicate effectively with everyone in a friendly and courteous manner, establishing and maintaining good working relationships with clients and colleagues at all levels.
* Ability to challenge others to deliver results;
* Enthusiasm for the role
As part of our partnership objectives in line with our values, we ask all our staff to:
* Lead by example;
* Encourage, nurture and mentor junior members of staff;
* Be open and honest;
* Demonstrate respect for colleagues and a strong team working ethic;
* Demonstrate a sense of pride in a job well done; and
* Focus on solutions rather than problems.
* 37.5 hours a week
* Annual leave - 23 days per year.
* Company car
* Access to many of the companies Group benefits including one relevant professional subscriptions paid for, Cycle to Work Scheme, discounted retail vouchers, various private insurance schemes available.
If you like what you have read so far
please click Apply on this advert and ring Cass on
5192 or email
mcgconstruction.co.uk to proceed in applying.
Slinger/Signaller - Immediate Start - 6 Months - Colchester (CO3) Slinger/Signaller Our client, a main...
General CSCS labourer needed for a project in Gloucester The role of labourer with a valid CSCS card will...
MCG Construction are looking for a general labourer in Harrow Location: HA1 1AT Duration: Ongoing project...
MCG Construction are looking for a cleaner Location: Fosters Estate, Hendon NW4 2DL Start: Immediately...
Traffic Marshall - Start 19th April 2022 - 23 Months - Oxford, OX4 Traffic Marshall. Our client, a leading...